Area Rug Styles
Today, there are so many styles of area rugs. Many are made in their place of origin as well as in other countries or areas. For example:
- Indian Native American
- East Turkestan
- Made from heavy strips of yearn or fabric that has been braided into thick ropes and are then sewn side to side in spirals, ovals, rounds and oblongs.
- A shaggy looking rug that is very inviting and cozy on your feet.
- Contemporary rug styles with long pile and natural colors.
- Often referred to as sheep skin rugs, this textile is made of 100% hand-woven New Zealand wool originated in Greece 1500 years ago.
- These are area rugs made from natural materials and include Sisal, Jute, Seagrass and Bamboo
- Sisal rug fibers come from the leaves of the Agave Sisalana plant that is grown as a renewable resource.
- Sisal rugs are durable, provide sound absorption, anti-static, naturally insulating and fire resistant.
- Moisture absorbent and therefore not recommended for use outdoors or in areas water inside the home such as a bathroom.
- Jute fibers are striped from their stalks and can be spun into yarn or rope and woven.
- These rugs are woven with loop or flat construction and have become popular for use throughout the home.
- Jute yarns are strong and often used as warps in knotted rugs.
- A product of the paddy fields of China and India; this is a popular choice among designers for its natural beauty and strength.
- Durable, stain resistant and available in warm beige tones with undertones of green.
- Various patterns are available such as Herringbone and Basketweave, making them a perfect accent to any room.
- Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants on the planet. Plentiful in supply, they make strong and beautiful area rugs.
- Bamboo rugs are woven from natural bamboo fibers and feature natural variations in color and offer texture and style to any room décor.
Carpet | Paint| FARROW AND BALL Paints |Hardwood Floors | Drapery | Wallpaper | Window Coverings & Treatments | Blinds | Fabrics | Shades | Tile Flooring | Area Rugs | Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
Serving Highlands, Sapphire, Toxaway, Brevard, Glenville, Franklin, Sylva NC
Copyright © 2023 The Designer's Market |